What Should You Do If You Are Arrested?
The first and most important step you should take is to call a lawyer, or to have your family call a lawyer for you. Only a lawyer can ensure that you are not questioned and can protect you from making statements that may hurt you later on.
Download this handy wallet card and keep it with you, just in case.
DO NOT MAKE ANY STATEMENTS OTHER THAN YOUR NAME AND THAT YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR LAWYER. CALL EPSTEIN & WEIL LLC.
- Any information you can potentially provide that will help your case can be provided later.
- Any other information that can potentially hurt your case should be first reviewed by an attorney first to protect your rights.
- Epstein & Weil LLC has lawyers on call 24 hours a day, with the experience you need.
- Protecting your rights
- Keeping you out of jail and free from fines
- Investigating the facts
- Proving your innocence, reducing your charges or significantly mitigating your legal penalties
Our criminal defense practice is anchored in 1) responsive and individualized representation, 2) low costs, and 3) results. We believe in:
- Personalized attention helps us gather information, investigate your case and align our defense with your goals. And when you hire us you will work with directly with firm partner Lloyd Epstein or Judith Weil.
- We achieve low fees by keeping our firm small and our overhead low.
- We effectively pursue your goals by drawing on our decades of legal experience, our decades of providing legal instruction at New York law schools, and by knowledge gained through the accomplishment of multiple case dismissals, acquittals by jury and reduced charges.
We work with a broad range of experts, including investigators, psychologists, social workers, accountants and others to strengthen clients' claims. For knowledgeable answers and representation following an arrest, contact our firm.
Contact the New York law firm of Epstein & Weil LLC for experienced criminal defense legal help. We are available around the clock, are located in Lower Manhattan near the Brooklyn Bridge, accept VISA, Master Card and American Express, and speak Spanish and Hebrew as well as English. Contact an experienced lawyer by e-mail or by calling 212-732-4888.